Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Diwali In Noida

I have always heard that Diwali in North India is much lively and fun filled compared to south India. This time i had a chance to witness the celebration first hand thanks to my official deputation here in Noida.

A week before Diwali i could see houses are being decorated with fancy lights of various colors hung all over the houses and apartments. The Brightly lit houses in itself echoed the vibration that Diwali has set in.

The markets were stocked with heaps of chocolate gift boxes, dry fruits and nuts boxes, Biscuits and traditionally made sweets. Raking in the occasion shopkeepers were doing brisk business.

It has been a curious quite Diwali for me in Noida. Going about in the packed markets looking at people buying gifts,earthen lamps, pile of stocked gifts and brisk sales of the gifts, i was just getting immersed in the moment.

Mostly over here on the evening of Diwali people Perform puja seeking the blessings of Goddess Laxmi, decorate houses with earthen lamps, lights, flowers and burst crackers. People exchange best wishes with relatives and friends by giving out sweet boxes and other gifts.

Today I was woken up to a call from Dad wishing me the best in life, the sweetest voice i could hear on a Diwali morning and exchanged greetings and wishes from my ever loving sweetest mom.

I called upon my sisters, Brother in laws , nephews, niece i am delighted that i could wish each one of the members of my family on this special occasion also a special blabbering Diwali wishes from my youngest niece Taniksha.

Never to forget my best buddies whom i called upon and exchanged greetings.

Though this Diwali is far from my folks back home the sense of being connected is much stronger than if i would have been back home. The feeling of having and missing special people in life is stronger otherwise its taken for granted.

I pray to the almighty to shower abundance of peace, love and prosperity to each one of my family members, friends and well wishers.

Happy Diwali - Lots of Love  and Best wishes



No comments:

Post a Comment